SUMMARY: Cutting edge clean technology company is seeking interns to assist in large-scale marketing and communication initiatives.
LOCATION: Brooklyn, New York
HOURS: Full-time or Part-Time available.
START DATE: ASAP
DURATION: Winter/Spring, minimum 3-month commitment
COMPENSATION: Monthly stipend available. BioLite will also work with universities to arrange credit.
BioLite is a funded startup that develops; manufactures and markets distributed energy solutions for off-grid communities around the world. Our first products are clean-burning, wood fueled cooking stoves capable of converting their own waste heat in to electricity to charge electronic devices. Our business serves two distinct markets, 1) developing world families living in energy poverty, and 2) outdoor enthusiasts seeking fuel independent cooking and charging.
OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE AN IMPACT:
BioLite is seeking winter and spring interns to support large-scale marketing efforts for the BioLite brand. The marketing intern position will work together with the Director of Marketing to develop unique marketing programs for the outdoor recreational market. Activities will include market research, event planning/staffing, digital content creation and management, social media outreach, and product testing. Interns will function as full members of the team and should be excited about working in the fast paced, dynamic environment of a startup social enterprise.
The revenue generated by the Outdoor Recreational market helps us fund the one-time market establishment costs for our HomeStove work in the developing world. This is a unique opportunity to work at a company with an innovative future-facing business model that blends social entrepreneurship with developed consumer goods and technology. You will work with both the HomeStove and Outdoor Recreation arms of the organization in your role.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Interest in BioLite’s company mission and vision
- Commitment to startup culture – you’re going to wear a lot of different hats here
- Available at least 10-15 hours weekly
- Knowledge of Social Media landscape; comfortable in social media environments
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Strong self-management – you will often be given a list of tasks and expected to prioritize and complete them through your own judgment
- Experience in marketing, event-planning, outreach, PR or related field
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, web development, blogging a plus
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include “Marketing Intern” in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!